November has been a busy month at The Ark.
We held our annual Children in Need Pyjama Day on Friday 15th November and raised a grand total of £124.30. Thank you to everyone who contributed.
Róisín attended the Play Board conference and we are really excited to learn more about the importance of building emotional resilience and risk taking in play. We will be introducing more of this learning in the new year.
Róisín also attended a Linking Generations Meeting and we are hoping to begin some inter-generational work with one of the local nursing homes in the new year.
This month our children have had lots of fun and frolics. We’ve been:
• Exploring new tastes such as berries, watermelon, pineapple and various cheeses.
• Investigating new textures in our play such as shredded paper, soil and shaving foam.
• Having fun in our sensory garden harvesting carrots, onions and potatoes.
• Baking cookies and scones and eating them of course!
• Participating in lots of fun physical activities.
Jill recently attended a fantastic short course which focused on the importance of creativity in children’s development. We are really keen to introduce some of the effective ideas from this training such as:
• Working with an increased variety of paints during arts and crafts
• Being more inventive with our use of natural resources
• Incorporating light and shadow into the children’s play experiences.